Thursday, January 20, 2011

A little history...in the beginning.

To start this journey, we need to go way back. I started working out when I was around 16 years old. I had always been heavier set, especially in the hips and thighs and was always insecure about my weight and appearance. I didn't take it to serious because I was young and stupid and wanted to eat McDonalds. I also had the nasty habit of smoking, occasionally. I never did cardio, well because I didn't want to. I kept this up for many years until something monumental happened in my life.
I had finished high school at 19, mostly to stay with my high school sweetheart. I got ready to go off to college, in Kingston to take Law and Security (chasing my cop dream). The September long weekend would be a weekend I would never forget. I went to a field party in Newmarket and was attacked by some very bad people. I had been stabbed in the back, literally with a knife. It went through my right rear deltoid (shoulder) and came out through my armpit. The most hurtful part of the situation was that my recently ex-boyfriend of 3 years watched it all happen, without helping me and proceeded to go to an after party with these same people. He never contacted the police or helped me even during the trial. This would be one defining moment in my life...

No comments:

Post a Comment